Congregational Care Ministry Seminar
Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, KS
April 27-29, 2017
Registration will be available starting in January 2017
THE BELOW INFORMATION PERTAINS SPECIFICALLY TO THE 2016 CCM SEMINAR. SCHEDULE, RATES AND HOTELS WILL BE UPDATED AND AVAILABLE IN JANUARY 2017. PLEASE USE THIS INFORMATION AS A GUIDE AS TO WHAT TO EXPECT FOR THE 2017 TRAINING.
Who should attend?
What will I learn?
This three-day seminar, presented by Executive Pastor Karen Lampe and Pastor Wendy Chrostek and the Congregational Care team is designed to prepare lay volunteers to work alongside pastors and staff to minister to and care for your congregation as Congregational Care Ministers. The training is based on Pastor Karen’s book The Caring Congregation, which serves as a manual to guide pastors and churches to organize their congregations for care and equip people to listen, visit, comfort and encourage congregants.
With this training volunteers will be empowered to make hospital visits, telephone persons in need of contact, meet one-on-one with persons in need of a listening ear for prayer and encouragement, offer support to grieving families and proactively seek to encourage and care for persons in need.
Upon completion of this seminar, volunteers will be equipped to provide care on behalf of the church. They will develop active listening skills and theologically appropriate responses, as well as be given Scripture suggestions for various situations.
Topics to be covered: Organizational Development, Wesleyan Way of Care, Boundaries and Ethical Practices, Listening, Older Adult Ministry, Hospital Visits, Death and Prayer.
What will I experience?
- Plenary sessions led by Executive Pastor Karen Lampe and Pastor Wendy Chrostek with videos and interviews of our pastoral staff, Congregational Care Ministers and congregants
- Connect with peers in care ministry at churches of all sizes from across the nation
- Experience Resurrection’s Care Night by participating in the Care Night community dinner Thursday evening
- Worship and devotions led by our worship team
- Commissioning Service on Saturday morning
- CCM’s available to facilitate small group discussion and answer questions
Q & A Follow Up: Now that the CCM Seminar is over, there were a few questions submitted which our presenters did not have an opportunity to answer. Please Click Here to read these questions and answers. If you have another question or would like additional follow up, please contact Susan Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much does it cost?
Super Early Bird: $140 (through Feb 3)
Early Bird: $160 (Feb 4 through March 16)
Standard Pricing: $200
We are unable to refund any registration fees after March 25th, 2016. If you wish to transfer your registration to another person from your church you may do so in writing by contacting us at email@example.com. Cancellations prior to March 25th are subject to a $30 cancellation fee.
Watch how the CCM model has impacted our congregation.
Lunch and Learn Sessions
Two Lunch and Learn Sessions will be available during the Friday lunch. Pick up your box lunch and join others to dig deeper into one of two topics described below. Lunch and Learn sessions are optional and you may choose to enjoy lunch in the Student Center in fellowship with other attendees instead of participating in a Lunch and Learn. Registration is required and you will be asked to select your session during the registration process.
- Live Well – Simple, Effective Depression and Anxiety Ministry: If we get the science right, we can get the care right. Learn a turn-key Depression and Anxiety Ministry you can use in your setting that has reduced symptoms in 90% of participants at Resurrection. Grab your box lunch and join Pastor Steven Blair in this discussion.
- Development of Support Groups and Care Classes: Come and enjoy some lunch as Sherry Danner talks about ideas on establishing and sustaining support groups and care classes as part of ongoing care for your congregation and community.
Are Continuing Education Credits (CEU’s) Available?
What have others said about how attending the CCM Seminar has helped their church?
Hotels: You may book a room with one of our partner hotels through this link: CCM Seminar Partner Hotels
Transportation: Church of the Resurrection does not provide transportation to and from the conference. You may rent a car at Kansas City International Airport or check their website for shuttle services. The preferred hotel providers do not provide shuttle service to and from the church. Please plan accordingly.
What are Resurrection’s CCM requirements?
For your reference, you are welcome to download Church of the Resurrection’s internal requirements to become a CCM for our congregation. These are not requirements for outside churches. However, you are welcome reference this document as you design requirements for your own congregation. Download CCM Requirements.
Have more questions?
If you would like additional details about the CCM Seminar, need assistance with registration or have a question, please contact us!
General Questions, Hotels: Kathy Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-544-0272)
General Questions, Registration: Kari Burgess (email@example.com or 913-232-4139)